Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chicken Nuggets

I have noticed from reading several blogs that a lot of your kids and also mine love Chicken Nuggets. Yesterday for dinner I made homemade Chicken Nuggets for the 2nd time. I got this recipe a few months ago from a TV show I love: "Good Things Utah." My kids loved them, I think they are really good, and Dave loved them also. So for those of you who are interested here is the recipe:

3 cups corn flakes
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic power
pinch of pepper
1 Ib boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten

Cut the chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces. Set aside. Preheat ovent to 425 degrees. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Place the corn flakes in a resealable plastic bag and crush to a fine texture using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small saucepan. Pour into a medium sized bowl. Add the Parmesan Cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to the crushed corn flakes. Place the eggs in a seperate bowl. Place the flour in a seperate small bowl. To bread the chicken, coat in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg, then coat well in the corn flake mixture. Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and cook until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.

After they are done cooking, you can enjoy them OR place in freezer to freeze. After completely frozen, seal them up in a FoodSaver bag to enjoy as you need them! (To reheat, remove a few from the freezer and reheat in the microwave for a minute or so).

I have really enjoyed seeing recipes on other posts and I can't wait to try some of them. So from you to me there is another recipe to add to your collection. Believe me it is worth it!

5 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

I will definitely have to try that recipe-I'm sure it will be a hit in our house! Thanks!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Looks good. Chicken nuggets are one of the only non-sugary foods that Madison requests on a regular basis. I'll have to give it a try.

Smiley Family said...

That looks so much better than the processed, sponge-like Tyson nuggets I usually fix Ashlyn. I will definitely give these a try.

whitney said...

Oooo-those sound so good! I'll have to try them some time. I love the recipe-sharing on blogs, it's the best!

Nathan and Esther said...

mmm that sounds good. I will have to give it a try.