Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finally.....An Update!!

I was told by a friend of mine that I needed to update my blog and she is right. I know that I need to, but things have been really busy lately. Now life is slowing down a little and I can finally update. I spent a lot of time the last 2 weeks making Payson's birth announcements and I finally finished them earlier this week. What an accomlishment. But I think I am getting ahead of myself.

Payson David Lund was born on June 23rd. He is the 4th and last. That in itself has made life more hectic. I am so glad that he has joined our family. He is such a sweet and good baby! I went into the hospital at 8:30 and it was probably around 10:00 or so that I recieved the epidural. I had to get it twice because the first time the doctor hit a blood vessell. That was the biggest shock of my life! Payson was born at 3:21 p.m. and was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches long. During labor I also had low blood pressure and they had to get it back up before increasing the pitocin. It was making me sick and nauseous. They also had to use the vaccuum to get him out because his head kept turning sideways. He is such a joy to have around
The Sunday before he was born we were at my mom and dad's house. Reagan was climbing up on the piano bench and slipped and hit her chin on the edge. It started to bleed. Dave was at his parent's visiting his mom so I called and told him that Reagan might need stitches. We took Reagan to the InstaCare and she ended up getting 2 stitches in her chin. She was so brave the whole time. She didn't even cry but she did whimper a little bit. She is usually pretty talkative, but she wouldn't answer any questions the doctor asked. As soon as we left thought she was talking lots!The last thing that has happened is that Emma has started Kindergarten. I now have 2 kids in school even if one of them is only in school for 1/2 day. Her teacher is Mrs. Black and Emma really seems to like her. It has gotten awfully quiet here in the mornings with 2 kids off at school. On Emma's first day of school I took her and they had a little activity that they did with a parent the first 20 minutes. Emma took the bus home and I think she really enjoys riding the bus. She is really enjoying Kindergarten also!

7 comments:

Erica said...

Great update! Cute kids! I can't believe Emma is in kindergarten. I bet she loves it.

Steph said...

CUTE KIDDOS!!! I can't believe you have 2 kids in school. Jac starts 1st grade and Emily is going to miss her something fierce.
By the way, what is the saying on your door behind Emma?

Monica Lifferth said...

Great update! I have missed your blog. You forgot to mention Landon though! I'm expecting a post on his birthday next!

The Lund Five said...

Steph--the saying on our door behind Emma says "Little House" It is a playroom under our stairs. Monica--I plan on doing Landon's birthday blog next. I wanted to do his own blog entry for that. I will try to be a better blogger I promise!!

Zachary said...

Woo Hoo! You guys are still alive in the Blogging World! I am glad that Payson has joined us down here on Earth. And that is crazy about Emma going to school! I hope Reagan recovers quickly!

whitney said...

yay! yay! for updates! Thanks so much for posting this, I knew you had had your baby, but I hadn't been told any details!

Smiley Family said...

Great update! I'm with Monica though - you mentioned all your kiddos but Landon! I'm really looking forward to his birthday post - I am so sad that we missed it! That was the first time I missed one of the kids' parties! Keep on posting Em!